Join our Team!May 18, 2016
Why Work At Mulkern?
Mulkern Landscaping has been serving homeowners and businesses since 1975. We maintain an employee friendly environment and look for involvement at all levels. Mulkern Landscaping’s reputation speaks for itself. We are known for superior quality, prompt scheduling, client satisfaction and for having a safe workplace for our employees.
If you’re interested in learning about landscaping, our company is a great fit for you. Team members are cross trained in landscape maintenance, installation and nursery skills. Additional outside training is available for those who are interested.
Benefits include health insurance, paid training, paid vacation, discounts on our plants, opportunities for advancement, uniform laundry service and more.
Our small staff and family atmosphere sets Mulkern Landscaping apart from our competitors. If you have any questions about the position, please ask!
Requirements for Application
Applicants MUST have: A good attitude, strong work ethic, a valid Hawaii driver’s license with clean abstract, a personal cell phone and reliable transportation to work. Preference is given to anyone with previous landscaping experience, Landscape Industry Certified Technicians (LICT), contractors and other applicants from the skilled labor trades.
- Mowing and edging lawns using power mowers and edgers.
- Clearing, gathering and hauling debris.
- Water lawns, trees and plants.
- Spreading mulch and manure.
- Raking leaves, weeding and cleaning flower beds.
- Applying synthetic and organic fertilizers.
- Prune and shape small trees, shrubs, and hedges, using shears, pruners, or chain saws.
- Using Integrated Pest Management Techniques and applying insecticides and/or herbicides when needed.
- Assisting in lawn renovations and possibly using aerators, dethatching machines.
- Planting foliage, flowering plants, grass, ground covers, trees, and shrubs.
- Installing and repairing ponds, waterfalls and other water features.
- Installing and repairing sprinkler and low voltage lighting systems.
- Maintain and repair tools, equipment, and structures such as buildings, greenhouses, fences, and benches, using hand and power tools.
- And much more
Our Schedule is Tuesday – Saturday 8:30 AM – 5:00 PM with Sundays and Mondays off. Days may run shorter or later depending on work scheduled. Employees are expected to make personal appointments on Mondays.
How to Apply:
Call 396-6595 with the following information:
- Full legal name
- Contact information including phone number
- Employment history
- Detail any landscape work experience or training
- Do you have a current Hawaii Driver’s License with clean abstract?
- Can you lift 50 lbs?
- Are you interested in learning more about landscaping?
- Are you available to be interviewed in person in Honolulu with 48 hours of notice?